Photo Credit: Conservation South Luangwa
Join the Anti-poaching solution
Protect wildlife by supporting the scouts that fight poaching every day.
One of our ongoing projects is supporting anti-poaching operations with Conservation South Luangwa. Over the years, we’ve contributed funding to support the purchasing of new scout equipment, help offset costs of patrols, and support the funding of refresher and advanced scout training, amongst other projects that keep anti-poaching operations prospering and wildlife safe from the hands of poachers.
Janet Sakala – Conservation South Luangwa Scout
Why is this project important?
Benson Kaneymbo, Law Enforcement Advisor for Conservation South Luangwa, recently said this –
“COVID-19 will devastate the communities living around our National Park, and we want to play our part in reducing its movement and transmission. Our dedicated scouts have continued their work as our anti-poaching activities have been affected by this current situation. Poachers are taking chances under the assumption that we have scaled down our security. Now is the time to support the scouts at the forefront of the war against wildlife crime and end the consumptive use of wildlife products. You can help keep wildlife in the wild without leaving home.”
How to support a scout
As Benson so eloquently stated, now is the time to support the scouts. We are inviting you to join our mission to help fund the operations for 58 full-time scouts to help defend against poaching during these challenging times.
We invite you to join us in protecting wildlife and supporting the livelihoods of Zambian scouts.
How to support a scout?
- Click HERE and select $100 to recur monthly for at least one year. (Venmo @dazzleafrica, or by check, 11700 West Charleston Blvd. 170-66, Las Vegas, NV 89135)
- Note “In honor of a scout” in the “Honoree’s Name” section of the dedication if using our website.
How will your $100 be used each month?
- Anti-poaching resources like food rations while on patrol
- Anti-poaching refresher trainings
- Fuel to help them get to remote areas
- Equipment like boots, socks and jackets
In return, you’ll receive:
- A photo and short bio of your sponsored scout
- Feeling of making a difference – you are directly contributing to saving wildlife
- Monthly updates on anti-poaching progress in South Luangwa
Thank you for your generosity and continued support for the wildlife of the South Luangwa Valley and the scouts that protect them – Dazzle Africa
What are you waiting for?
Photo Credit: Cathy Smith