COVID-19 Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement for
“Dazzle Africa” GUESTS, PARTICIPANTS, and VENDORS
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Heath Organization. COVID-19 is a disease that includes symptoms according to the Centers for Disease Control (‘CDC”), such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, nausea, and can lead to death. COVID 19 is extremely contagious and means that contact with others, even those who are asymptomatic, or contact with surfaces that have been exposed to the virus, can lead to infection.
- I am familiar with the CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19. I acknowledge and understand the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day to day and that, accordingly, the CDC guidelines are regularly modified and updated. I hereby accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself with the most recent updates and complying with the same at all times while participating in any Dazzle Africa event/trip.
- I understand that my participation in a Dazzle Africa event/trip may include international flights to various locales in Africa or elsewhere and at times I may travel in close quarters with a safari group in vehicles and/or various lodging locations. Also, at times, my participation with Dazzle Africa may take me to remote locations that may or may not have medical service which could inherently impair my ability to seek treatment for COVID-19 should I become ill. Dazzle Africa is dedicated to providing a safe environment for their participants, staff, and others. However, I understand it is impossible for Dazzle Africa to prevent all risk of infection. I acknowledge that Dazzle Africa will do its best to implement recommended CDC, Department of Public Health, federal, state, and local guidelines and put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 on any Dazzle Africa Venture, however, Dazzle Africa cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with COVID-19.
- By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19, the fact that it can be difficult to identify in one another, and the inherent risk of exposure while participating in a Dazzle Africa event/trip. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by my presence with Dazzle Africa staff or its vendors in connection with any activity associated with my participation in a Dazzle Africa program and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death.
- I understand and acknowledge that given the unknown nature of COVID-19, it is not possible to fully list each and every individual risk of contracting COVID-19. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omission, or negligence of myself and others, including but not limited to, Dazzle Africa employees, agents, contractors, volunteers, and other participants. I recognize that Dazzle Africa cannot limit all potential sources of COVID-19 infection. I acknowledge that I have asked for and/or been given any information that I may need to determine the risks associated with participation in a Dazzle Africa event/trip and to make an informed decision of those risks.
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releasees or others. For myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, I hereby release and hold harmless Dazzle Africa, and its past, present, and future officers, directors, trustees, employees, attorneys, and agents, with respect to any and all illness, disability, death or damage to person or property associated with exposure to COVID-19, whether arising from the negligence of releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law. An employee’s right to seek workers compensation benefits will not be affected by this Agreement. I further agree that if any such claim is made, I will indemnify and defend Dazzle Africa with respect to any such claim, with the exception of an employee’s right to seek workers compensation.
- I understand that I am required to have the COVID-19 vaccine to travel with Dazzle Africa. By signing you are committing to making sure you have the vaccine or that you will get it before travel.
- I have read and fully understand the foregoing Agreement and I am aware that by signing this Agreement I may be waiving certain legal rights, including the right to sue. This Agreement shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives, and assigns, and shall inure to the benefit of Dazzle Africa and its successors and assigns.
- My signature below indicates that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and intend to be legally bound by the terms of this Agreement.