Director of Sales & TravelAccepting applictions
Who we are
Dazzle Africa’s Mission: Creating sustainable ecosystems for the land, people and wildlife in Zambia.
Dazzle Africa is a Las Vegas-based 501c3 nonprofit organization that was founded in 2012.
We plan and host philanthropic safaris to South Luangwa valley in Zambia, where the profit funds projects benefiting both the wildlife and people in the nearby community of Mfuwe.
The Need for Philanthropic Safaris
Dazzle Africa provides a singular, often life-changing safari experience where guests are both immersed in pristine nature where wild elephants and lions roam, and also become part of the community both in Zambia and in the United States as their partnership continues with Dazzle Africa projects well after the safari ends.
Though South Luangwa Valley is pristine wilderness, poaching and other illegal activity is present, as it is in most of Africa and elsewhere. Many iconic species such as elephant, lion, wild painted dogs and others are endangered or under threat. Our projects, implemented by partners on the ground in Zambia, aim to eradicate illegal activity in the area, and provide medical treatment to individual animals who are victims of poaching.
In addition to supporting wildlife in the area, we provide tertiary (post high school) sponsorships for local students and fund boreholes to ensure access to clean water in nearby villages.
The Director of Sales and Travel Position
We are committed to fill each safari and have a waiting list of guests who desire to come to Zambia with us. A Director of Sales and Travel would fulfill this need.
To read more about our philanthropic work and projects, explore the items under the ‘Our Work’ section on our website.
- Source philanthropic safari guests to ensure our safaris are full
- Ensure that guests have a seamless experience and feel well cared for
- Provide ongoing communication with guests pre and post safari experience
- Coordination of travel plans such as flights, lodging and dietary needs
- Invoicing and organizing balances of safari account
Essential Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience for the Role:
- Sales experience in the travel industry
- A demonstrated commitment to excellence and self-motivated
- A diverse set of travel experiences, particularly in Africa
- Loves to travel both domestically and internationally
- A proven track record with the ability to prioritize, organize and oversee implementation of multiple initiatives
- A strong collaborator who can work well with the Executive Director, the board, Zambian partners and safari guests.
- An effective communicator who can advocate for the mission and vision of Dazzle Africa and instill confidence and buy-in from key partners
- Enthusiastic and service-oriented
- Strong understanding of a variety of cultures
- Outstanding problem solver, strategic thinker and decision-maker
- Strong work ethic and ability to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Proficient in a variety of social media tools and marketing and promotion via social media.
- Excellent writing, grammar and spelling skills
- Proficient in Apple computer-based programs as well as Word, Google Docs, Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree required (advanced degree preferred)
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Tolerant to stressful situations that may arise within the travel industry
- Experience using online Quickbooks is preferred
Salary and Benefits are commensurate with experience. This is a full-time job and the candidate ideally would reside or be willing to move to Las Vegas, Nevada or Denver, Colorado. A position to work remotely would be considered if the candidate has been working successfully in safari sales for more than 3 years.
To Apply: Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume and statement of interest to Dazzle Africa, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dazzle Africa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds to apply.